Small Business Programs Office (SBPO)
JPL is committed to the maximum utilization of small businesses; small disadvantaged businesses; women-owned small businesses; HubZone businesses; veteran-owned small businesses; service-disabled veteran-owned small businesses; and Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) and Minority Institutions (MI) in the subcontracting of services and supplies. The Small Business Program Office serves as the conduit between JPL and subcontractors and/or companies seeking procurement opportunities.
The Small Business Programs Office helps small businesses think BIG. We are passionate about developing successful partnerships between JPL and companies by:
- Supporting mission success
- Promoting and increasing awareness of the capabilities of small businesses
- Matching small businesses to open and future procurement opportunities
- Advocating for underutilized businesses and promoting supplier diversity
- Providing outreach services which encourage growth and development
Doing Business with the Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- If an opportunity identified in step 1 matches your capabilities, please contact the Small Business Programs Office at email@example.com, with your interest indicated in the subject line.
- Historically Black College & Universities (HBCU)/Minority Serving Institutions (MSI) Research Initiative
- Mentor-Protégé: The SBPO oversees the JPL Mentor-Protégé program. The goal of the program is to provide participants with exposure to the JPL technical community and meaningful opportunities to enhance their capabilities. JPL is currently interviewing Protégés who are closely aligned with our research, engineering, and other business requirements. We plan to announce our new Protégés in the next few months.
- Contact the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) for information on how to obtain a Federal Supply Schedule contract. Some JPL purchases are, in fact, orders on FSS contracts.
- The Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) https://www.sbir.gov/ is a highly competitive program that encourages domestic small businesses to engage in Federal Research and Development (R&D) with the potential for commercialization to fund your R&D into products & services with global impact.
- To submit an unsolicited proposal, or find out more about JPL, or the NASA Office of Small Business Programs (OSBP), please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your interest indicated in the subject line.
Please refer any questions you may have to: